A two-day interactive workshop which follows a unique, 9-step framework to help you develop the skills and confidence to create solutions for accessing and funding the aged care that best meets your clients’ needs – whether that’s at home, in a retirement village or a residential care facility.
Aged Care Steps is the leading provider of support on aged care advice, with highly experienced facilitators who have all had practical experience in aged care advice.
Who can attend?
This workshop is designed for financial planners, accountants and lawyers but also provides a deeper understanding of aged care for those working in related fields.
The accreditation course has been assessed for 21.5 CPD hours by the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
What content is covered?
During the workshop you will learn:
- Our 9-step framework to guide you through a logical process for how to interact with clients and develop advice solutions
- The rules for calculating aged care fees
- Strategies for funding aged care needs with consideration for cashflow and estate maximisation
- An understanding the challenges faced by the aged care services sector
- Practical tips for navigating the Centrelink & means-assessment paperwork
- Alternatives to residential care, including the financial implications of retirement villages and land lease communities
- Navigating the home care system
- Practical tips for how to kickstart your aged care advice business, including pricing, service offering and starting client discussions.
You will receive a workshop kit on the day and be registered in our 10-week follow up program.
To complete accreditation, the full program (including assessments) needs to be completed within 12 months of commencement.
These five modules are designed to be a self-learning experience and provide advisers with the core knowledge needed to understand aged care and the options available to clients. It comprises five (5) modules for the essentials of:
- The aged care industry
- Aged accommodation choices
- ACAT and home care
- Centrelink and Veterans’ Affairs
- Residential aged care fees.
Each module should expect to take 1-1.5 hours to complete. A multiple-choice quiz must be successfully completed to finalise this component and receive CPD hours.
The modules are included for free when registering for the accreditation workshop and should be completed before attending that workshop so that you have the basics covered.
Successful completion of the ACS accreditation program provides an attainment certificate which you can display in your office to identify yourself to clients and prospective clients as an ACS Accredited Aged Care Professional.
You will also receive an accreditation logo that can be used on your website, email signature or other marketing materials to promote your services and expertise to clients, prospects and referral networks.
Download a flyer on our accreditation program.