The ACS Accredited Aged Care ProfessionalTM program has been developed by Aged Care Steps to build your competency in aged care advice. The diagram below provides an outline of the components. An accreditation certificate will be supplied to you upon successful completion of all components.
The accreditation program runs over two days with Essentials modules to be completed before attending the workshop.
The full program has been approved for 20.75 CPD points from the Financial Planning Association (FPA). Assessments apply to various components of the accreditation program.
Successful completion of the ACS accreditation program provides an attainment certificate which you can display in your office to identify yourself to clients and prospective clients as an ACS Accredited Aged Care Professional.
You will also receive an accreditation logo that can be used on your our website, email signature or other marketing materials to promote your services and expertise to clients, potential clients and referral networks.
These five modules are designed to be a self-learning experience and provide advisers with the core knowledge needed to understand aged care and the options available to clients. It comprises five (5) modules for the essentials of:
- The aged care industry
- Aged accommodation choices
- ACAT and home care
- Centrelink and Veterans’ Affairs
- Residential aged care fees.
Each module should expect to take 1-1.5 hours to complete. A multiple-choice quiz must be successfully completed to finalise this component and receive CPD points.
The modules are included for free when registering for the accreditation workshop and should be completed before attending that workshop so that you have the basics covered.
ACS Accredited Aged Care Professional workshop
A two-day interactive workshop which follows our unique 9-step framework to help you build the skills and confidence to provide aged care advice to clients.
Aged Care Steps is the leading business providing support on aged care advice, with highly experienced workshop facilitators who have all had practical experience in aged care advice.
Who can attend?
This workshop is designed for financial planners, accountants and lawyers who wish to provide financial planning advice for clients accessing aged care services. But it also provides a deeper understanding of aged care for people working in other related fields.
What content is covered?
During the workshop you will learn:
- Our 9-step framework to guide you through a logical process for how to interact with clients and develop advice solutions
- The rules for calculating aged care fees
- Strategies for funding aged care needs with consideration for cashflow and estate maximisation
- An understanding the challenges faced by the aged care services sector
- Practical tips for navigating the Centrelink & means-assessment paperwork
- Alternatives to residential care, including the financial implications of retirement villages and land lease communities
- Navigating the home care system
- Practical tips for how to kickstart your aged care advice business, including pricing, service offering and starting client discussions.
You will receive a workshop kit on the day and be registered in our 9 week follow up program.
To complete accreditation, the full program (including assessments) needs to be completed within 12 months of commencement.