Gain confidence and competence to provide aged care financial advice and commit to ongoing training as a specialist.
In collaboration with Aged Care Steps, the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has launched the FPA Aged Care Specialist designation. This designation is designed for financial planners looking to master and enhance their offering through a specialisation in aged care advice, and provides professional recognition of this expertise.
This designation uses the foundation of the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional program as the educational program, with a commitment from advisers to maintain ongoing training.
Upon attainment of the designation, the above logo will be made available for use on your email, website and communication documents to promote your designation.
CFP® professionals or Financial Planner AFP® members
How to apply
- Enrol and complete the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care ProfessionalTM program.
- Upon completion, apply to become an FPA Aged Care Specialist by completing the FPA application form.
- Submit the application alongside a copy of your certificate of the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care ProfessionalTM program to [email protected]
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation letter, certificate, digital badge and designation usage guide from the FPA within two weeks of final assessment.
- Each year, you are required to complete 9 CPD hours in the area of aged care to maintain your ongoing training and uphold the designation.
- To ensure the standards of the specialist designation are upheld, practitioners may be subject to regular CPD audits.
How much does it cost?
The Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care ProfessionalTM program costs $2,285 (including GST). There is no further cost for FPA members to apply and receive recognition as an FPA Aged Care Specialist.
FPA members who register and attend this program before the end of January 2021 can receive a 10% discount by providing their FPA membership number on the registration form.
What if I’ve already completed the Aged Care Steps Aged Care ProfessionalTM program in the past?
If you completed the program before 1 January 2019 you will need to complete the Aged Care Steps Accreditation Refresh workshop and assessment. Contact us for further details.
How do I find out more?
Email [email protected] or phone the FPA member services team on 1300 337 301.