MTax, BEc, BA(AS), Dip FP, CFP®, SSA, CTA
Louise has 20 years’ experience in financial services and is well respected across the industry. She is the co-founder and Director of Aged Care Steps.
Her experience and background is in providing technical and strategy support on legislative matters to financial advisers,, accountants and lawyers. This has involved a focus on the practical implications for clients and the creation of financial planning strategies.
Her career started in a community organisation providing information and education about investments to people applying for government income support. But she has also held roles as the Executive Manager – Adviser Solutions for Suncorp (Asteron) Wealth Management and Head of Research and Technical with ING’s aligned dealer groups
Louise is currently a member of the Aged Care Financing Authority (ACFA), a statutory authority that provides Government with independent advice on funding and financing issues in aged care.
Louise has always been actively involved in the industry and her achievements include:
- Previous Director on the SMSF Association Board
- Previous Director on the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) Board
- Awarded the FPA’s Distinguished Service Award
- Contributor to CCH publications including Master Financial Planning Guide, Small Business Tax Concessions Guide and Practical Guide to SMSFs (co-author)
- Regular contributor of articles to Your Life Choices (a consumer finance website)
- Previous lecturer and course developer for Finsia Education
- Regular speaker at industry conferences
- Frequently quoted in both consumer media and trade press
She has a Masters of Taxation, a Bachelor of Economics, a Bachelor of Arts (Asian Studies) a Diploma of Financial Services. Louise has achieved Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP) status, is an SMSF Specialist Advisor ™, a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and a registered Tax (Financial) Adviser.